A covering of silk, linen, or other material, for the neck and chin, formerly worn by women as an outdoor protection, and still retained in the dress of nuns.
- A cloth wound around the head, framing the face, and drawn into folds beneath the chin, worn by women in medieval times and as part of the habit of certain orders of nuns.
- A fold or pleat in cloth.
- A ripple, as on the surface of water.
- A curve or bend.
- To cover with or dress in a wimple.
- To cause to form folds, pleats, or ripples.
- Archaic To form or lie in folds.
- To ripple.