Having knowledge; knowing; enlightened; of extensive information; erudite; learned.
- Having the ability to discern or judge what is true, right, or lasting; sagacious: a wise leader.
- Exhibiting common sense; prudent: a wise decision.
- Shrewd; crafty.
- Having great learning; erudite.
- Provided with information; informed. Used with to: was wise to the politics of the department.
- Slang Rude and disrespectful; impudent.
- wise up Slang To make or become aware, informed, or sophisticated.
- Method or manner of doing; way: in no wise; in any wise.