The act of withdrawing; withdrawment; retreat; retraction.
- The act or process of withdrawing, as:
- A retreat or retirement.
- Retreat of a military force in the face of enemy attack or after a defeat.
- Detachment, as from social or emotional involvement.
- A removal from a place or position of something that has been deposited.
- Discontinuation of the use of an addictive substance.
- The physiological and mental readjustment that accompanies such discontinuation.
- The act or an instance of retracting or revoking: feared the withdrawal of his parents' permission.
- Coitus interruptus.