On or at the outside of; out of; not within; as, without doors.
- On the outside: a sturdy structure within and without.
- With something absent or lacking: had to do without.
- Not having; lacking: a family without a car.
- Not accompanied by; in the absence of: volunteered without hesitation; spoke without thinking.
- At, on, to, or toward the outside or exterior of: standing without the door.
- An outer position, place, or area: a threat to security that came from without.
- Regional Unless: "You don't know about me without you have read a book by the name of The Adventures of Tom Sawyer” ( Mark Twain).