That emotion which is excited by novelty, or the presentation to the sight or mind of something new, unusual, strange, great, extraordinary, or not well understood; surprise; astonishment; admiration; amazement.
- One that arouses awe, astonishment, surprise, or admiration; a marvel: "The decision of one age or country is a wonder to another” ( John Stuart Mill).
- The emotion aroused by something awe-inspiring, astounding, or marvelous: gazed with wonder at the northern lights.
- An event inexplicable by the laws of nature; a miracle.
- A feeling of puzzlement or doubt.
- A monumental human creation regarded with awe, especially one of seven monuments of the ancient world that appeared on various lists of late antiquity.
- To have a feeling of awe or admiration; marvel: "She wondered at all the things civilization can teach a woman to endure” ( Frances Newman).
- To have a feeling of surprise.
- To be filled with curiosity or doubt.
- To feel curiosity or be in doubt about: wondered what happened.
- Arousing awe or admiration.
- Far superior to anything formerly recognized or foreseen.
- for a wonder As a cause for surprise; surprisingly.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
അതിശയിക്കുക - Athishayikkuka ;ശങ്കിക്കുക - Shankikkuka ;അത്ഭുതവസ്തു - Athbhuthavasthu ;അദ്ഭുതം - Adhbhutham ;വിസ്മയിക്കുക - Vismayikkuka ;വിസ്മയം - Vismayam ;