A hurt or injury caused by violence; specifically, a breach of the skin and flesh of an animal, or in the substance of any creature or living thing; a cut, stab, rent, or the like.
- An injury, especially one in which the skin or another external surface is torn, pierced, cut, or otherwise broken.
- An injury to the feelings.
- To inflict wounds or a wound on.
- To inflict wounds or a wound: harsh criticism that wounds.
- Past tense and past participle of wind2.
- Music A past tense and a past participle of wind3.