Being of a bright saffronlike color; of the color of gold or brass; having the hue of that part of the rainbow, or of the solar spectrum, which is between the orange and the green.
- The hue of that portion of the visible spectrum lying between orange and green, evoked in the human observer by radiant energy with wavelengths of approximately 570 to 590 nanometers; any of a group of colors of a hue resembling that of ripe lemons and varying in lightness and saturation; one of the subtractive primaries; one of the psychological primary hues.
- A pigment or dye having this hue.
- Something that has this hue.
- Chiefly Southern U.S. The yolk of an egg.
- Western U.S. Gold. Used formerly by prospectors.
- Any of various plant diseases usually caused by fungi of the genus Fusarium or viruses of the genus Chlorogenus and characterized by yellow or yellowish discoloration.
- Of the color yellow.
- Having a yellow-brown skin color.
- Offensive Of or being a person of Asian origin.
- Slang Cowardly.
- To make or become yellow: documents that had been yellowed by age; clouds that yellow in the evening light.