- Morally bad or wrong; wicked: an evil tyrant.
- Causing ruin, injury, or pain; harmful: the evil effects of a poor diet.
- Characterized by or indicating future misfortune; ominous: evil omens.
- Bad or blameworthy by report; infamous: an evil reputation.
- Characterized by anger or spite; malicious: an evil temper.
- The quality of being morally bad or wrong; wickedness.
- That which causes harm, misfortune, or destruction: a leader's power to do both good and evil.
- An evil force, power, or personification.
- Something that is a cause or source of suffering, injury, or destruction: the social evils of poverty and injustice.
- Archaic In an evil manner.