A burdensome sense of responsibility; trouble caused by onerous duties; anxiety; concern; solicitude.
- A burdened state of mind, as that arising from heavy responsibilities; worry.
- Mental suffering; grief.
- An object or source of worry, attention, or solicitude: the many cares of a working parent.
- Caution in avoiding harm or danger: handled the crystal bowl with care.
- Close attention; painstaking application: painting the window frames and sashes with care.
- Upkeep; maintenance: a product for the care of fine floors; hair care products.
- Watchful oversight; charge or supervision: left the child in the care of a neighbor.
- Attentive assistance or treatment to those in need: a hospital that provides emergency care.
- To be concerned or interested: Once inside, we didn't care whether it rained or not.
- To provide needed assistance or watchful supervision: cared for the wounded; caring for an aged relative at home.
- To object or mind: If no one cares, I'll smoke.
- To have a liking or attachment: didn't care for the movie.
- To have a wish; be inclined: Would you care for another helping?
- To wish; desire: Would you care to dance?
- To be concerned to the degree of: I don't care a bit what critics think.