To relate or belong to; to have reference to or connection with; to affect the interest of; to be of importance to.
- To have to do with or relate to: an article that concerns the plight of homeless people.
- To be of interest or importance to: This problem concerns all of us.
- To engage the attention of; involve: We concerned ourselves with accomplishing the task at hand.
- To cause anxiety or uneasiness in: The firm's weak financial posture is starting to concern its stockholders.
- Obsolete To be of importance.
- A matter that relates to or affects one. See Synonyms at affair.
- Regard for or interest in someone or something.
- A troubled or anxious state of mind arising from solicitude or interest. See Synonyms at anxiety.
- A business establishment or enterprise; a firm.
- A contrivance; a gadget.