An abundance or plenty of anything.
- An imitation or reproduction of an original; a duplicate: a copy of a painting; made two copies of the letter.
- One specimen or example of a printed text or picture: an autographed copy of a novel.
- Material, such as a manuscript, that is to be set in type.
- The words to be printed or spoken in an advertisement.
- Suitable source material for journalism: Celebrities make good copy.
- To make a reproduction or copy of.
- To follow as a model or pattern; imitate. See Synonyms at imitate.
- To make a copy or copies.
- To admit of being copied: colored ink that does not copy well.