The act of retaking or recovering by capture; especially, the retaking of a prize or goods from a captor.
- The act of retaking or recovering.
- The condition of having been retaken or recovered.
- Law The act or an instance of retaking booty or goods.
- Something recaptured.
- The lawful taking by a government of a fixed amount of the profits of a public-service corporation in excess of a stipulated rate of return.
- To capture again.
- To recall: an attempt to recapture the past.
- To acquire by the government procedure of recapture.