A coming to; the act of acceding and becoming joined; as, a king's accession to a confederacy.
- The attainment of a dignity or rank: the queen's accession to the throne.
- Something that has been acquired or added; an acquisition.
- An increase by means of something added.
- Law The addition to or increase in value of property by means of improvements or natural growth.
- Law The right of a proprietor to ownership of such addition or increase.
- Agreement or assent.
- Access; admittance.
- A sudden outburst.
- To record in the order of acquisition: a curator accessioning newly acquired paintings.