To commend to the favorable notice of another; to commit to another's care, confidence, or acceptance, with favoring representations; to put in a favorable light before any one; to bestow commendation on; as, he recommended resting the mind and exercising the body.
- To praise or commend (one) to another as being worthy or desirable; endorse: recommended him for the job; recommended a car instead of an SUV.
- To make (the possessor, as of an attribute) attractive or acceptable: Honesty recommends any person.
- To commit to the charge of another; entrust.
- To advise or counsel: She recommended that we be on time. See Synonyms at advise.
- To give advice or counsel: "recommended against signing an international agreement” ( Time).