To cover again.
- To get back; regain.
- To restore (oneself) to a normal state: He recovered himself after a slip on the ice.
- To compensate for: She recovered her losses.
- To procure (usable substances, such as metal) from unusable substances, such as ore or waste.
- To bring under observation again: "watching the comet since it was first recovered—first spotted since its 1910 visit” ( Christian Science Monitor).
- To regain a normal or usual condition, as of health.
- To receive a favorable judgment in a lawsuit.