To cause to be friendly again; to conciliate anew; to restore to friendship; to bring back to harmony; to cause to be no longer at variance; as, to reconcile persons who have quarreled.
- To reestablish a close relationship between.
- To settle or resolve.
- To bring (oneself) to accept: He finally reconciled himself to the change in management.
- To make compatible or consistent: reconcile my way of thinking with yours. See Synonyms at adapt.
- To reestablish a close relationship, as in marriage: The estranged couple reconciled after a year.
- To become compatible or consistent: The figures would not reconcile.