- Not social: "Bears are asocial, secretive animals” ( David Graber).
- Avoiding or averse to the society of others; not sociable: "It's not that you're so asocial, but a man who likes people doesn't wind up in the Antarctic” ( Saul Bellow).
- Unable or unwilling to conform to normal standards of social behavior; antisocial: "crime, riots, drug use and other asocial behavior” ( Derek Shearer).
- Inconsiderate of others; self-centered.
- One that exhibits behavior and characteristics deemed asocial: "the other, and usually neglected, victims . . . the asocials . . . those who violated the Nazi work ethic and social norms” ( Mary Nolan).