To accuse of crime; to inform against.
- A small Chinese tree (Prunus persica) widely cultivated throughout temperate regions, having pink flowers and edible fruit.
- The soft juicy fruit of this tree, having yellow flesh, downy, red-tinted yellow skin, and a deeply sculptured stone containing a single seed.
- A light moderate to strong yellowish pink to light orange.
- Informal A particularly admirable or pleasing person or thing.
- To inform on someone; turn informer: "Middle-level bureaucrats cravenly peach on their bosses [when] one of them does something the tiniest bit illegal” ( National Observer).
- To inform against: "He has peached me and all the others, to save his life” ( Daniel Defoe).