- Hinduism & Buddhism The principle or law that orders the universe.
- Hinduism & Buddhism Individual conduct in conformity with this principle.
- Hinduism & Buddhism The essential function or nature of a thing.
- Hinduism Individual obligation with respect to caste, social custom, civil law, and sacred law.
- Buddhism The body of teachings expounded by the Buddha.
- Buddhism Knowledge of or duty to undertake conduct set forth by the Buddha as a way to enlightenment.
- Buddhism One of the basic, minute elements from which all things are made.