A simple podlike pericarp which contains several seeds and opens along the inner or ventral suture, as in the peony, larkspur and milkweed.
- Anatomy A small bodily cavity or sac.
- Anatomy A crypt or minute cul-de-sac or lacuna, such as the depression in the skin from which the hair emerges.
- Anatomy An ovarian follicle.
- Anatomy A spherical mass of cells usually containing a cavity.
- Botany A dry, single-chambered fruit that splits along only one seam to release its seeds, as in larkspur and milkweed.