A bulbous plant of the genus Hyacinthus, bearing beautiful spikes of fragrant flowers. H. orientalis is a common variety.
- A bulbous Mediterranean plant (Hyacinthus orientalis) having narrow leaves and a terminal raceme of variously colored, usually fragrant flowers, with a funnel-shaped perianth. Also called jacinth.
- Any of several similar or related plants, such as the grape hyacinth.
- Greek Mythology A plant, perhaps the larkspur, gladiolus, or iris, that sprang from the blood of the slain Hyacinthus.
- A deep purplish blue to vivid violet.
- A reddish or cinnamon-colored variety of transparent zircon, used as a gemstone.
- A blue precious stone, perhaps the sapphire, known in antiquity.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
;സുഗന്ധമുള്ളതും മണിയുടെ ആകൃതിയിലുള്ളതുമായ പുഷ്പങ്ങളോടു കൂടിയ ഒരു തരം ചെടി - Sugandhamullathum Maniyude Aakruthiyilullathumaaya Pushpangalodu Koodiya Oru Tharam Chedi | Sugandhamullathum Maniyude akruthiyilullathumaya Pushpangalodu Koodiya Oru Tharam Chedi ;പണപ്പെട്ടി - Panappetti ;