The act of prevaricating, shuffling, or quibbling, to evade the truth or the disclosure of truth; a deviation from the truth and fair dealing.
- Deviation from what is right or correct; transgression, perversion.
- Evasion of the truth; deceit, evasiveness.
- A secret abuse in the exercise of a public office.
- The collusion of an informer with the defendant, for the purpose of making a sham prosecution.
- A false or deceitful seeming to undertake a thing for the purpose of defeating or destroying it.