To go over again; to attempt, do, make, or utter again; to iterate; to recite; as, to repeat an effort, an order, or a poem.
- To say again: repeat a question.
- To utter in duplication of another's utterance.
- To recite from memory.
- To tell to another.
- To do, experience, or produce again: repeat past successes.
- To express (oneself) in the same way or words: repeats himself constantly.
- To do or say something again.
- To commit the fraudulent offense of voting more than once in a single election.
- An act of repeating.
- Something repeated, as an interval in athletic training.
- A broadcast of a television or radio program that has been previously broadcast; a rerun.
- Music A passage or section that is repeated.
- Music A sign usually consisting of two vertical dots, indicating a passage to be repeated.
- Of, relating to, or being something that repeats or is repeated: a repeat offender; a repeat performance of the play.