The act of vocalizing, or the state of being vocalized.
- The act of vocalizing or something vocalized; a vocal utterance
- Any specific mode of utterance; pronunciation
- The use of speech to express an idea
- The production of musical sounds using the voice, especially as an exercise
- In Arabic and Hebrew - supplying the vowels (diacritics), normally not written to show the correct pronunciation, used in dictionaries, children's books, religious texts and textbooks for learners. Arabic terms: tashkiil (تشكيل), taHriik (تحريك) - (action of supplying the vowel points) , also known as ḥarakāt (حركات — the singular is ḥaraka حركة) - (the diacritical marks), Hebrew term: ניקוד nikud.