Of or pertaining to analysis; resolving into elements or constituent parts; as, an analytical experiment; analytic reasoning; -- opposed to synthetic.
- Of or relating to analysis or analytics.
- Dividing into elemental parts or basic principles.
- Reasoning or acting from a perception of the parts and interrelations of a subject: "Many of the most serious pianists have turned toward more analytic playing, with a renewed focus on the architecture and ideas of music” ( Annalyn Swan).
- Expert in or using analysis, especially in thinking: an analytic mind; an analytic approach. See Synonyms at logical.
- Logic Following necessarily; tautologous: an analytic truth.
- Mathematics Using, subjected to, or capable of being subjected to a methodology involving algebra or other methods of mathematical analysis.
- Mathematics Proving a known truth by reasoning from that which is to be proved.
- Linguistics Expressing a grammatical category by using two or more words instead of an inflected form.