Armor; whatever is worn or used for the protection and defense of the body, esp. the protective outfit of some animals and plants.
- Electricity The rotating part of a dynamo, consisting essentially of copper wire wound around an iron core.
- Electricity The moving part of an electromagnetic device such as a relay, buzzer, or loudspeaker.
- Electricity A piece of soft iron connecting the poles of a magnet.
- Biology A protective covering, structure, or organ of an animal or a plant, such as teeth, claws, thorns, or the shell of a turtle.
- A framework serving as a supporting core for the material that is used to make a sculpture.