Tending, or causing, to recede from the center.
- Moving or directed away from a center or axis.
- Operated by means of centrifugal force.
- Physiology Transmitting nerve impulses away from the central nervous system; efferent.
- Botany Developing or progressing outward from a center or axis, as in a flower cluster in which the oldest flowers are in the center and the youngest flowers are near the edge.
- Tending or directed away from centralization, as of authority: "The division of Europe into two warring blocs, each ultimately dependent on a superpower patron, is subject to ever-increasing centrifugal stress” ( Scott Sullivan).