Dedicated; set apart; devoted; consecrated.
- To set apart for a deity or for religious purposes; consecrate.
- To set apart for a special use: dedicated their money to scientific research.
- To commit (oneself) to a particular course of thought or action: dedicated ourselves to starting our own business. See Synonyms at devote.
- To address or inscribe (a literary work, for example) to another as a mark of respect or affection.
- To open (a building, for example) to public use.
- To show to the public for the first time: dedicate a monument.