A Spanish mode of execution by strangulation, with an iron collar affixed to a post and tightened by a screw until life become extinct; also, the instrument by means of which the punishment is inflicted.
- A method of execution formerly practiced in Spain, in which a tightened iron collar is used to strangle or break the neck of a condemned person.
- The iron collar used for such an execution.
- Strangulation, especially in order to rob.
- A cord or wire used for strangling.
- To execute by garrote.
- To strangle in order to rob.