Every fiftieth year, being the year following the completion of each seventh sabbath of years, at which time all the slaves of Hebrew blood were liberated, and all lands which had been alienated during the whole period reverted to their former owners.
- A specially celebrated anniversary, especially a 50th anniversary.
- The celebration of such an anniversary.
- A season or an occasion of joyful celebration.
- Jubilation; rejoicing.
- Bible In the Hebrew Scriptures, a year of rest to be observed by the Israelites every 50th year, during which slaves were to be set free, alienated property restored to the former owners, and the lands left untilled.
- Roman Catholic Church A year during which plenary indulgence may be obtained by the performance of certain pious acts.