An assembly or council having the highest deliberative and legislative functions.
- An assembly or a council of citizens having the highest deliberative and legislative functions in a government, specifically:
- The upper house of the U.S. Congress, to which two members are elected from each state by popular vote for a six-year term.
- The upper house in the bicameral legislature of many states in the United States.
- The upper legislative house in Canada, France, and some other countries.
- The supreme council of state of the ancient Roman Republic and later of the Roman Empire.
- The building or hall in which such a council or assembly meets.
- A governing, advisory, or disciplinary body of some colleges and universities composed of faculty members and sometimes student representatives.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
നിയമനിര്മ്മാണസമിതി - Niyamanirmmaanasamithi | Niyamanirmmanasamithi ;നിയമനിർമ്മാണസമിതി - Niyamanirmmaanasamithi | Niyamanirmmanasamithi ;കാര്യലോചനാസഭ - Kaaryalochanaasabha | Karyalochanasabha ;കാര്യലോചനാസഭ - Kaaryalochanaasabha | Karyalochanasabha ;സചിവസഭ - Sachivasabha ;സെനറ്റ് - Senattu ;