Of or pertaining to a syllable or syllables; as, syllabic accent.
- Of, relating to, or consisting of a syllable or syllables.
- Pronounced with every syllable distinct.
- Linguistics Designating a sound that is or can be the most sonorant segment of a syllable, as a vowel or a resonant. In the word riddle (rĭdˈl), the two syllabic sounds are the (i˘) and the (l).
- Of or being a form of verse based on the number of syllables in a line rather than on the arrangement of accents or quantities.
- Linguistics A syllabic sound.