One whose occupation is to cut out and make men's garments; also, one who cuts out and makes ladies' outer garments.
- One that makes, repairs, and alters garments such as suits, coats, and dresses.
- To make (a garment), especially to specific requirements or measurements.
- To fit or provide (a person) with clothes made to that person's measurements.
- To make, alter, or adapt for a particular end or purpose: a speech that was tailored to an audience of business leaders.
- To pursue the trade of a tailor.