To render fit, suitable, or correspondent; to adapt; to conform; as, to accommodate ourselves to circumstances.
- To do a favor or service for; oblige. See Synonyms at oblige.
- To provide for; supply with.
- To hold comfortably without crowding. See Synonyms at contain.
- To make suitable; adapt. See Synonyms at adapt.
- To allow for; consider: an economic proposal that accommodates the interests of senior citizens.
- To settle; reconcile.
- To adapt oneself; become adjusted: It is never easy to accommodate to social change.
- Physiology To become adjusted, as the eye to focusing on objects at a distance.