The act of wandering; deviation, especially from truth or moral rectitude, from the natural state, or from a type.
- A deviation from the proper or expected course. See Synonyms at deviation.
- A departure from the normal or typical: events that were aberrations from the norm.
- Psychology A disorder or abnormal alteration in one's mental state.
- A defect of focus, such as blurring in an image.
- An imperfect image caused by a physical defect in an optical element, as in a lens.
- The apparent displacement of the position of a celestial body in the direction of motion of an observer on Earth, caused by the motion of Earth and the finite velocity of light.
- Genetics A deviation in the normal structure or number of chromosomes in an organism.