The act of distorting, or twisting out of natural or regular shape; a twisting or writhing motion; as, the distortions of the face or body.
- The act or an instance of distorting.
- The condition of being distorted.
- A statement that twists fact; a misrepresentation.
- A change in the shape of an image resulting from imperfections in an optical system, such as a lens.
- Electronics An undesired change in the waveform of a signal.
- Electronics A consequence of such a change, especially a lack of fidelity in reception or reproduction.
- Psychology The modification of unconscious impulses into forms acceptable by conscious or dreaming perception.