The action of sticking; the state of being attached; intimate union; as, the adhesion of glue, or of parts united by growth, cement, or the like.
- The act or state of adhering.
- Attachment or devotion; loyalty.
- Assent or agreement to join.
- Medicine A condition in which bodily tissues that are normally separate grow together.
- Medicine A fibrous band of scar tissue that binds together normally separate anatomical structures.
- Physics The physical attraction or joining of two substances, especially the macroscopically observable attraction of dissimilar substances.