An opposition or contrast of words or sentiments occurring in the same sentence; as, "The prodigal robs his heir; the miser robs himself." "He had covertly shot at Cromwell; he how openly aimed at the Queen."
- Direct contrast; opposition.
- The direct or exact opposite: Hope is the antithesis of despair.
- A figure of speech in which sharply contrasting ideas are juxtaposed in a balanced or parallel phrase or grammatical structure, as in "Hee for God only, shee for God in him” ( John Milton).
- The second and contrasting part of such a juxtaposition.
- The second stage of the Hegelian dialectic process, representing the opposite of the thesis.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
വിരോധാഭാസം - Virodhaabhaasam | Virodhabhasam ;വിരുദ്ധാലങ്കാരം - Viruddhaalankaaram | Virudhalankaram ;വൈപരീത്യം - Vaipareethyam ;വിരോധം - Virodham ;വിരോധം - Virodham ;വിരോധാഭാസം - Virodhaabhaasam | Virodhabhasam ;