A sanctuary or place of refuge and protection, where criminals and debtors found shelter, and from which they could not be forcibly taken without sacrilege.
- An institution for the care of people, especially those with physical or mental impairments, who require organized supervision or assistance.
- A place offering protection and safety; a shelter.
- A place, such as a church, formerly constituting an inviolable refuge for criminals or debtors.
- The protection afforded by a sanctuary. See Synonyms at shelter.
- Protection and immunity from extradition granted by a government to a political refugee from another country.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ആതുരശാല - Aathurashaala | athurashala ;ചികിത്സാലയം - Chikithsaalayam | Chikithsalayam ;അഭയം - Abhayam ;അഭയകേന്ദ്രം - Abhayakendhram ;ആശ്രമം - Aashramam | ashramam ;മാനസികാരോഗ്യകേന്ദ്രം - Maanasikaarogyakendhram | Manasikarogyakendhram ;