An official diviner who foretold events by the singing, chattering, flight, and feeding of birds, or by signs or omens derived from celestial phenomena, certain appearances of quadrupeds, or unusual occurrences.
- One of a group of ancient Roman religious officials who foretold events by observing and interpreting signs and omens.
- A seer or prophet; a soothsayer.
- To predict, especially from signs or omens; foretell. See Synonyms at foretell.
- To serve as an omen of; betoken: trends that augur change in society.
- To make predictions from signs or omens.
- To be a sign or omen: A smooth dress rehearsal augured well for the play.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
യാതൊന്നും - Yaathonnum | Yathonnum ;നിമിത്തജ്ഞന് - Nimiththajnjan | Nimithajnjan ;പ്രവചിക്കുക - Pravachikkuka ;ശകുനജ്ഞന് - Shakunajnjan ;വല്ലതും - Vallathum ;സകുനജ്ഞന് - Sakunajnjan ;