Doubly polar; having two poles; as, a bipolar cell or corpuscle.
- Relating to or having two poles or charges.
- Relating to a device capable of using two polarizations, such as a transistor that uses positive and negative charge carriers.
- Relating to or involving both of the earth's polar regions.
- Having two opposite or contradictory ideas or natures: the bipolar world of the postwar period.
- Biology Having two poles or opposite extremities: a bipolar neuron.
- Psychology Relating to a major affective disorder that is characterized by episodes of mania and depression.