The edible nut of a forest tree (Castanea vesca) of Europe and America. Commonly two or more of the nuts grow in a prickly bur.
- Any of several deciduous trees of the genus Castanea native to northern temperate regions, having alternate simple toothed leaves, and nuts that are enclosed in a prickly husk.
- The often edible nut of any of these trees.
- The wood of any of these trees.
- Any of several other plants, such as the horse chestnut.
- A moderate to deep reddish brown.
- A reddish-brown horse.
- A small hard callus on the inner surface of a horse's foreleg.
- An old, frequently repeated joke, story, or song.
- Of a moderate to deep reddish brown.