Mad; insane; possessed; rabid; furious; frantic.
- The secondary xylem of trees and shrubs, lying beneath the bark and consisting largely of cellulose and lignin.
- This tissue, often cut and dried especially for use as building material and fuel.
- A dense growth of trees or underbrush covering a relatively small or confined area. Often used in the plural.
- A forest. Often used in the plural.
- An object made of wood, especially:
- Music A woodwind.
- Sports Any of a series of golf clubs used to hit long shots, having a bulbous head made chiefly of wood, metal, or graphite, and numbered one to five in order of increasing loft.
- To fuel with wood.
- To cover with trees; forest.
- To gather or be supplied with wood.
- Made or consisting of wood; wooden.
- Used or suitable for cutting, storing, or working with wood.
- Living, growing, or present in forests: woods animals; a woods path.
- out of the woods Informal Free of a difficult or hazardous situation; in a position of safety or security.
- Archaic Mentally unbalanced; insane.