A hoofed quadruped of the genus Equus; especially, the domestic horse (E. caballus), which was domesticated in Egypt and Asia at a very early period. It has six broad molars, on each side of each jaw, with six incisors, and two canine teeth, both above and below. The mares usually have the canine teeth rudimentary or wanting. The horse differs from the true asses, in having a long, flowing mane, and the tail bushy to the base. Unlike the asses it has callosities, or chestnuts, on all its legs. The horse excels in strength, speed, docility, courage, and nobleness of character, and is used for drawing, carrying, bearing a rider, and like purposes.
- A large hoofed mammal (Equus caballus) having a short-haired coat, a long mane, and a long tail, domesticated since ancient times and used for riding and for drawing or carrying loads.
- An adult male horse; a stallion.
- Any of various equine mammals, such as the wild Asian species E. przewalskii or certain extinct forms related ancestrally to the modern horse.
- A frame or device, usually with four legs, used for supporting or holding.
- Sports A vaulting horse.
- Slang Heroin.
- Horsepower. Often used in the plural.
- Mounted soldiers; cavalry: a squadron of horse.
- Geology A block of rock interrupting a vein and containing no minerals.
- Geology A large block of displaced rock that is caught along a fault.
- To provide with a horse.
- To haul or hoist energetically: "Things had changed little since the days of the pyramids, with building materials being horsed into place by muscle power” ( Henry Allen).
- To be in heat. Used of a mare.
- Of or relating to a horse: a horse blanket.
- Mounted on horses: horse guards.
- Drawn or operated by a horse.
- Larger or cruder than others that are similar: horse pills.
- horse around Informal To indulge in horseplay or frivolous activity: Stop horsing around and get to work.
- another Another matter entirely; something else.
- beat To continue to pursue a cause that has no hope of success.
- beat To dwell tiresomely on a matter that has already been decided.
- be To be or become disdainful, superior, or conceited.
- hold (one's) horses To restrain oneself.
- the horse's mouth A source of information regarded as original or unimpeachable.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
Shark , Frog , Duck , Duck , Puppy , Duck , Duck , Seal , Cat , Kitten , Kangaroo , Bear , Dog , Cat , Giraffe , Seal , Eagle , Wolf , Chicken , Turtle , Fly , Fly , Monkey , Rhinoceros , Jaguar , Cow , Bird , Shark , Pig , Bear , Dolphin , Snake , Lion , Fox , Cow , Alligator , Crocodile , Fox , Fish , Chimpanzee , Scorpion , Shark , Snail , Seal , Fish , Duck , Cow , Tiger , Hippopotamus , Fly , Fly , Lobster , Snake , Octopus , Lobster , Seal , Pig , Bear , Zebra , Bee , Fly , Goldfish , Panda , Frog , Bear , Deer , Fly , Hamster , Monkey , Elephant , Fish , Ant , Kitten , Snake , Rat , Pig , Rat , Owl , Dog , Puppy , Turtle , Bird , Spider , Goat , Fox , Cheetah , Fish , Sheep , Camel , Cow , Bear , Owl , Squirrel , Rabbit , Bear