An orthopterous insect of the genus Gryllus, and allied genera. The males make chirping, musical notes by rubbing together the basal parts of the veins of the front wings.
- Any of various insects of the family Gryllidae, having long antennae and legs adapted for leaping. The males of many species produce a shrill chirping sound by rubbing the front wings together.
- Sports An outdoor game played with bats, a ball, and wickets by two teams of 11 players each.
- Good sportsmanship and fair conduct: It's not cricket to cheat at cards.
- Sports To play the game of cricket.
- A small wooden footstool.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ചീവീട് - Cheeveedu ;ഝില്ലിക - Jhillika ;ചീലിക - Cheelika ;ചീവീട്ക്രിക്കറ്റ് കളി - Cheeveedkrikkattu Kali ;നേടേണ്ടത്. - Nedendathu. ;ചില്ലൂര് - Chilloor ;