A stake sharpened or pointed, especially one used in fortification and encampments, to mark bounds and angles; or one used for tethering horses.
- A pointed stake often driven into the ground to support a fence, secure a tent, tether animals, mark points in surveying, or, when pointed at the top, serve as a defense.
- A detachment of one or more troops, ships, or aircraft held in readiness or advanced to warn of an enemy's approach: "The outlying sonar picket.... was to detect, localize, and engage any submarine trying to close the convoy” ( Tom Clancy).
- A person or group of persons stationed outside a place of employment, usually during a strike, to express grievance or protest and discourage entry by nonstriking employees or customers.
- A person or group of persons present outside a building to protest.
- To enclose, secure, tether, mark out, or fortify with pickets.
- To post as a picket.
- To guard with a picket.
- To post a picket or pickets during a strike or demonstration.
- To act or serve as a picket.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ബഹിഷ്ക്കരിക്കല് - Bahishkkarikkal ;മരക്കൊളുത്ത് - Marakkoluththu | Marakkoluthu ;കുറ്റി - Kutti ;കൂര്ത്തമുനയുള്ള കുറ്റി - Koorththamunayulla Kutti | Koorthamunayulla Kutti ;പ്രവൃത്തി തടയുക - Pravruththi Thadayuka | Pravruthi Thadayuka ;പിക്കറ്റുചെയ്യല് - Pikkattucheyyal ;