Pertaining to ice or to its action; consisting of ice; frozen; icy; esp., pertaining to glaciers; as, glacial phenomena.
- Of, relating to, or derived from a glacier.
- Suggesting the extreme slowness of a glacier: Work proceeded at a glacial pace.
- Characterized or dominated by the existence of glaciers. Used of a geologic epoch.
- Pleistocene. See Table at geologic time.
- Extremely cold; icy: glacial waters. See Synonyms at cold.
- Having the appearance of ice.
- Lacking warmth and friendliness: a glacial stare.
- Coldly detached: a glacial composure.