To bud; to insert, or graft, as the bud of a tree or plant in another tree or plant.
- To introduce a serum, vaccine, or antigenic substance into (the body of a person or animal), especially to produce or boost immunity to a specific disease.
- To communicate a disease to (a living organism) by transferring its causative agent into the organism.
- To implant microorganisms or infectious material into (a culture medium).
- To safeguard as if by inoculation; protect.
- To introduce an idea or attitude into the mind of.