To cause to continue or multiply by generation, or successive production; -- applied to animals and plants; as, to propagate a breed of horses or sheep; to propagate a species of fruit tree.
- To cause (an organism) to multiply or breed.
- To breed (offspring).
- To transmit (characteristics) from one generation to another.
- To cause to extend to a broader area or larger number; spread: missionaries who propagate the faith.
- To make widely known; publicize: propagate a rumor.
- Physics To cause (a wave, for example) to move in some direction or through a medium; transmit.
- To have offspring; multiply.
- To extend to a broader area or larger number; spread.
- Physics To move through a medium.