Returning, or capable of returning, sound; fitted to resound; resounding; echoing back.
- Strong and deep in tone; resounding: a resonant voice.
- Having a lasting presence or effect; enduring: "Cranmer compiled the first Book of Common Prayer, writing some of the most resonant phrases in the English tongue” ( Allen D. Boyer).
- Strongly reminiscent; evocative: a monument that is resonant of the nation's past glory.
- Producing or exhibiting resonance: resonant frequency excitation.
- Resulting from or as if from resonance: resonant amplification.
- Linguistics A sonorant.